You might be thinking to yourself, is she really writing a post about ice cream sandwiches?
Yes, I am. They're that good.
When I moved in with Marcia & Don, it wasn't long before I was introduced to a food staple in their home, something that I've grown to know, love and CRAVE.
Exhibit One: The Ice Cream Sandwich
When I first arrived, these little sandwiches of goodness didn't have a title, but they have since been named "Marcia & Don's Famous Ice Cream Sandwich!"
Marcia started making these sweet treats nearly three years ago after her husband's open heart surgery. Don was in need of a heart healthier diet, so Marcia started reading all about healthy alternatives to familiar foods. The best part? They only have two ingredients: graham crackers and lite Cool Whip!
They get eaten so fast around this house, Marcia makes them almost every night. She whipped up the most recent batch earlier this week and I was able to snap a few close-ups!
Here's how she does it!
1. Tear off small pieces of saran wrap and lay along the kitchen counter.
2. Take one graham cracker, break it into two pieces, and sit them on each piece saran wrap.
3. After keeping your Cool Whip in the freezer, spoon it out onto one of the graham cracker pieces.
Marcia puts enough on the cracker, so that the sandwiches are about 1.5 inches thick.
4. After shaping the edges with a spoon, add on the second graham cracker piece.
5. Squeeze the two crackers together and wrap it up with the saran wrap!
That's it! Marcia then pops them in the freezer, and they're good to go!
There you have it! A healthy alternative to the ice cream sandwich!
As always, Have a Sweet Day!